In a nutshell, I am a native of Albania, schooled and trained in the USA in the art of orthopedics. I am married, father of 4.
To find out more about the work I do, click here.
If you are a fellow orthopedic colleague - greetings.
- USAF David Grant Medical Center at Travis AFB and the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- 2009-2015: McHenry, IL, private practice with Drs Elstrom & Hall. Affiliated with Northern IL Medical Center, Woodstock Memorial, and the Advocate Good Shepherd hospitals
- Major joint replacements: hip, knee, and shoulder
- Proficient anterior approach hip replacement with the Hana table
- Fractures of the extremities
- Deformity correction
- Sports injuries
Board certified, by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Graduated from the Stanford University program in 2009
- Internship at Wayne State / Detroit Medical Center
- Rush Medical College, class of 2004
- University of Illinois, Chicago, 1998-2000
- University of Tirana, 1992-1996
- The former Skanderbeg High School, class of 1992, Tirana, Albania.
Before High School
I started elementary school in a town called Puke (pronounced "Pook" :)) in the northern mountains of Albania. The name of that school is Migjeni, it still functions, and it still has the same name. I finished elementary school in what used to be known as "24 Maj" school, in a town called Kavaje (pronounced Kahv-eye) located in the middle of Albania.
My family hails from the south of Albania however. Although I do not visit Albania often, I have a lot of love for its people and in particular for Gjirokastra.